Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Making the Music II

Well its recording week!..Live drum sessions to be specific and for all of y’all following you know it’s been a waiting process, so we’re glad to be getting this started.
Over the past two weeks we’ve been able to review a few of the tracks that will be in the album as we try to figure out what our sound all round will be like….very interesting so far. Also been looking at some art and album cover design ideas and I will post some of my fav bans album covers so y’all can get an idea of what I’ve been thinking with this…though still a long way to go.


Been reading up on mixing articles as well as we try and come up with an authentic rock sound for the album and really its all the small details that make the difference for all of you interested in tech stuff. Everything from how many layers of guitars to the guitar FX and modules on Logic & Pro Tools (the Digital Audio Workstations that we use) so it is all a very interesting process which I will be telling y’all about soon. I’m going to post one of our more mainstream sounding tracks on http://myspace.com/uetamusic for y’all to listen to listen to “Time & Space” and hope you like it.
Other than the whole recording process I think the whole journey with all that I am doing with life right now (Uni, music production and bumming etc) been learning interesting lessons about patience and giving your best when things seem not to be working at the same time as remaining true to yourself, and here is something small I found that y’all might like:

That Guy in the Glass
When you get what you want in your struggle for self
And the world makes you king for a day,
Then go to the mirror and look at yourself

For it isn’t your mother, brother or friends
Whose judgment you must pass
The person whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the one staring back in the glass

You can go down the pathway of years
Receiving pats on the back as you pass
But your final reward will be heartaches and tears
If you cheat that guy in the glass

1 comment: